Thursday, February 12, 2009

聖所 the Sacrid & Beautiful: St. Michael Catholic Church, Church Street Toronto Feb 11 2009

I love this holy place not because it is a real heritage church built 160 years ago, not because its sophisticated and aesthetic architectural detail, but its seemingly humble but really holy spirit I felt when I first entered into the hall..
I visited here in the late afternoon and came again later in the evening at the same day and I took a chance to have a mass.
All the details in the interior is not lousy at all though it is still grave and beautiful.
I've been visiting lots of magnificent churches and cathedrals in Europe, US and other countries but all the time I was overwhelmed by too great holiness and their magnitude scale. But this time in St. Michael Catholic Cathedral I felt like I was at home. I felt like God is my father and Maria is my mother.. quite different and lovely feeling.. Thanks God for letting me feel you much closer than before..

2 comments:

Kengot said...

Great church.
I love large church and temple where I can go to calm.

Peter said...

yes.. I love church as much as temple. Those are real shelters for us to restore our spirit in calmness & holiness.